Resources & Helpful Links
We know you are busy! Time doesn’t always allow for you to search all over the internet for helpful nursing information pertinent to Hawaii nursing, so we’ve done it for you. See below for helpful links related to your Hawaii nurse practice.
PROFESSIONAL & LICENSE
- State of Hawaii Professional and Vocational Licensing Division Continuing Competency Guidance and Information Booklet
- Hawaii Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association
- Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs Professional & Vocational Licensing
- World Health Organization 2020 is Year of the Nurse and Midwife!
- Hawaii Nurses Continuing Education Self-care related articles
- Jean Watson Theory of Caring Meditation You Tube
- Health on the Net Foundation – The Health On the Net Foundation (HON) promotes and guides the deployment of useful and reliable online health information, and its appropriate and efficient use.
FOR PATIENTS & FAMILIES
- MedlinePlus – Health Information from the National Library of Medicine.
- Caring for Hawai’i Neonates – Enhancing Care Through Direct Services & Education. Malama o Na Keiki is a program of Neonatal Nurses Caring for Hawai‘i Neonates
HB 2739 HD1
- Follow the proceeding – Hawaii State Legislature Website for HB2739 HD1
- HB2739 HD1 as of 3/16/18 PDF
- Nurses’ Roles and Responsibilities in Providing Care and Support at the End of Life PDF article
- Euthanasia, Assisted Suicide, and Aid in Dying PDF article
- Assisted Suicide: The Debate Continues PDF article
- Kilauea: What Nurses Need to Know
- MedlinePlus – Lung problems and volcanic smog
- *Daily Alerts* USGS Hawaii Volcano Observatory (808) 967-8862
- Air Quality Park Webcam
- County of Hawaii Civil Defense (808) 935-0031
DEPRESSION AND SUICIDE PREVENTION
- MedlinePlus: Depression
- CDC: National Suicide Statistics
- New York Times: What to Do When a Loved One is Several Depressed
- (24/7) National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-8255